Friday, May 27, 2011

Today is kickoff day.


Today is about getting ready, packing, mowing the lawn, cleaning up, etc.


We are flying out late tonight and will be in Illinois tomorrow. The guy I am buying the bike from will meet us at the airport tomorrow (Thanks Rick). Most of the riding gear is packed as carry on and we are working on the rest today. I figured that if they lose my checked luggage that at least this way I can ride on to WalMart and buy clothes. Also the helmets, chaps, rain gear and jackets add up to well over $1,000.


I called around the Harley dealers near the Chicago / St Louis area to see if I could find a windshield in stock. I realized that with this being the Memorial Day weekend that I might not be able to find one until Tuesday or later. I stopped at Latus Motors on the way home last night and bought a sport style windshield that I will be able to check as luggage. 

I found out today that the east entrance to Yellowstone is restricted to night traffic due to avalanche danger. We may end up using one of the other entrances. Perhaps the NE or N entrance. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment