Wednesday, June 1, 2011

OMG! what is that SMELL?

Memorial Day we left St Louis mid-morning

Get your motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure in whatever comes our way.

I think I can, I think I can
We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day and 40 mph gusting cross winds that beat the hell out of me. We went all the way across Missouri into Kansas City, MO.

Across the river into Kansas City KS when I started to wonder if there was an RV dumping grey water in front of us. What IS that smell? For 5 miles we were treated to most horrendous smell of poop from the cattle train that was at the yard. 

Kansas City, MO looks like an nice midwest city. Kansas City, KS looks like a ghetto and smells like a prison outhouse.

Whew! Made it out alive and up towards Lincoln. We passed through KS, OH, and into Nebraska. Traveled 475 miles today and collapsed at the Super 8 with a bucket of Popeye's chicken and a 6-pack. Got pretty badly sunburned wrists (the gap between my gloves and jacket) until we stopped and bought some sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment